Dr. MEENAKSHY RAMACHANDRAN. S
Principal / Lecturer in English
Vazuthacaud House, Chettikulangara
Thiruvananthapuram, PIN-695 001
Christ Nagar College of Education
Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram- 695027
Telephone: 0471 2380413, 2380216
|Date of Birth:
|| 24th February 1969
M. Ed. (Advanced Methodology of Teaching)
Ph. D (Education)
- Paper on ‘Income Generating Programmes in Continuing Education’ at the National Conference of All India Committee for Eradication of Illiteracy among Women, July 2000.
- Paper on ‘Sustaining the Environment’ at the National Conference on ‘Environmental Education’ held at Govt. College of Teacher Education, March 2007.
- Paper on ‘The Pedagogue and Psycho Pedagogy’ at the National Seminar on ‘Modern Trends and Developments in Psycho Pedagogy’ held at Christ Nagar College of Teacher Education, March 2007.
- Paper on ‘The Pleasure of Writing’ in the International Conference on “Adaptability and Responsiveness on Teacher Education” on the 18th and 19th of June 2010 at Govt. College of Teacher Education, Thycaud, Trivandrum.
- Paper on ‘Life Skills and Spiritual Intelligence’ in the two day National Seminar sponsored by UGC on 21st and 22nd July 2011 at NSS Training College, Changanacherry
- Paper on ‘Effectiveness of Multisensory Packages in Improving
Spelling Skills of Upper Primary Students ’at the UGC sponsored International Meet , Mar Thophiles Training College, Trivandrum from 5th January to 7th January 2012.
- Paper on ‘EcoPsychology and Language Development ’at the UGC sponsored two day National Seminar conducted by NSS Training College Changanassery on 12th and 13th of July 2012.
- Combined Paper on ‘Gandian views on Women Empowerment : Synthesis of Pragmatism and Idealism ’at the International Seminar on Gandhian Educational Principles and Practices for the Emerging Global Scenario at Kerala Gandhi Smarak Nidhi on 25th ,26th and 27th July 2012.
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Resource Person in the UGC sponsored three-day conference on ‘Equipping the Secondary School Teachers to meet the changing roles’ conducted at St. Joseph’s Training College, Mannanam on5, 6 & 7th March 2009.
- Resource Person for a workshop on ‘Effective Evaluation in Nursing Education’ at Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum on 25th June 2010.
- Resource Person for a one day seminar at St. Joseph’s Training College (TTC) at Mannanm on 31st March 2011.
- Resource Person for National Seminar on ‘Life Skills Training and Personality Development for Teacher Trainees’ at Mahatma Gandhi College of Education, Sankarankovil, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu on 9th April 2011.
- Resource Person for a one day seminar on ‘Guidance and Counseling’ at St. Joseph’s Training College, Mannanam on 20th August 2011.
- Participated in the Workshop and contributed materials for the Preparation of Textbook for Adult Education Programme in Kerala (Std. VII) under KSLMA.
- Attended the International Education Meet 2006 organized by Government of Kerala from 4th to 7th February 2006 at Kochi, Kerala.
- Participated in the International Workshop on ‘Human Knowledge and Deep Intelligence: Transition to Connectedness on 6-7th of November 2007 at Christ Nagar College of Education.
- Participated in the Workshop on ‘Total Quality Management in Teacher Education’ sponsored by the NAAC and organized at St.Xavier’s College of Education, Palayamkottai from 28/2/2008 to 29/2/2008.
- Attended the International Seminar and VIII state convention on’ Development Education: 21st century Paradigms for Teachers’ held on 30th and 31st October 2009 organised by Department of Education, University of Kerala.
- Participated in the Interactive Discourse on ‘Role of Research Universities in Developing Countries by Dr. Philip G. Albach, organized by Dept. of Education, University of Kerala on 14th July 2010.
- Participated in the IX Annual Convention and International Seminar on “Peace Education: An Orientation for Gen. Next” held at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala on 13th and 14th August 2010.
- Participated in the two day workshop for Principals of Colleges in Kerala conducted by the UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Sponsored by UGC on 21st and 22nd March 2011.
- Resource person for a one day workshop on “Problem Formulation” organized by Nodal Office, Christ University ,Bangalore, on 11th January 2012.
- Resource person for a one day seminar on “Life Skill Development Programme” at St. Joseph‘s Training College, Mannanam on 3rd March 2012.
- Resource person for the UGC Aided National Workshop on ‘Innovations in Teaching, Learning and Evaluation” organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell, NSS College, Pandalam in collaboration with NSS Training College, Pandalam on 26th March 2012.
- Resource person for a one day seminar on “Thinking”organized by St. Joseph‘s Training College, Mannanam on 30th November 2012.
- Chief Guest and resource of the National Level “Edu Quiz - 2013” conducted by RPA College of Education Mamootukadai, Viricode P.O.,Kanyakumari Dist.on April 2nd 2013.
- Participated in the Consultation Meeting of Justice Verma Commission on Teacher Education at National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi.
a. Winner of the Training College Shashtibdapurthi Gold Medal for the year 1998 for securing the highest percentage of marks in B.Ed.
b. Winner of the Santhakumari Rolling Trophy for securing the highest marks in English, from Govt. College of Teacher Education, Trivandrum.
c. Winner of the N. Sankaran Nair Rolling Shield for securing the highest marks in the General Papers, from Govt. College of Teacher Education, Trivandrum.
- Life Skill Educational for Adolescents to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life , Teacher, Learner and Society , Research Journal in Education , Mar Theophilus Training College, Vol.5, No. 2,Dec.2008, Pgs1-4
- The Pleasure of Writing-Published the paper Abstract in the proceedings of the International Conference on Adaptability and Responsiveness in Teacher Education, Organized by the Govt. College of Teacher Education Thycaud on 18th and 19th June 2010.
- Effectiveness of Multisensory Packages in improving reading comprehension Skills of Upper Primary Students, the Ground Builder ; an Attempt to Recast Quality Education, Journal of St. Joseph’s Training College Vol. I, No.1,October 2011, Pgs.9-14
- Effectiveness of Multisensory Packages in improving Spelling Skills of Upper Primary Students, published the paper abstract in the Compendium with ISBN 978-93-5067-101-6 as the proceedings of the International Education Meet 2012 on Education for Global Excellence , organized by Mar.Theophilus Training College, Nalanchira in collaboration with CTE ,AIRIO, NPPCCC and SPFERD
- Combined paper on “Gandian Views on Women Empowerment: Synthesis of Pragmatism and Idealism”, published the paper in the Compendium with ISBN 978-81-923093-2-3 Presented at the International Seminar on Gandhian Educational Principles and Practices for the Emerging Global Scenario at Kerala Gandhi Smarak Nidhi on 25th ,26th and 27th July 2012.
15 years, 5 years as Principal
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATION
Member , All India Women's Conference (AIWC), Thiruvananthapuram Branch
Executive Member, Council for Teacher Education, Thiruvananthapuram.
PARTICIPATION IN EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- Participated in the workshop and contributed materials for the Preparation of Textbook for Adult Education Programme in Kerala (Std. VII) under KSLMA.
- Prepared materials for the question bank on General Intelligence and Reasoning for the Staff selection Commission, Govt. of India, at Bangalore.
- Developed Workshop material on Visual Ethnography in the International Workshop on ‘Qualitative Research Methodologies’ organized by St.Thomas Training College, Trivandrum on 6th and 7th February 2009.